Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Everybody wins at the MC3 ride!

Since Lyle and Nick have already shown you their prizes from Friday's MC3 ride, I thought I'd make it a full round. My new 16" Haro BMX performed flawlessly, taking high speed stair rides and 180s off ledges like a champ. The aforementioned hoonery was no doubt a factor in the rear wheel damage incurred by the rest of the B-Team.

You may be wondering, "if the mini came out unscathed, what's the prize?" See Exhibit A: a bruise that extends from above the ankle right down to the sole of my foot, accompanied by some nice looking scrapes. From now on, the mini will be ridden with my Hammer 2Z shin pads.


In my travels today, I found a 44T Haro BMX ring for $1.00, which will fit on the mini even if it requires use of the "bmx tool" (more widely known as a hammer). With its 16T freewheel and 16" wheels, this will give me 44 gear inches - a 22% gain over the previous 36/16 ratio. Hopefully that will help me hold off from doing a cassette conversion on the mini just a bit longer.

5 comments:

((lyledriver)) said...

How come I don't here hammering yet?

morgman said...

Because I've been writing a mind-numbing paper about fog dispersal techniques at airports, and decided to take the mini for a 2 hour Strathcona session instead of getting out the hammer.

Nick said...

I don't here any hammering over hear.

morgman said...

I've got 5-6m manuals pretty consistently, with the occasional 7-8m one. Heard?

Nick said...

I think their hammering over at you're house.