Tuesday, January 27, 2009

20" of pain

Here's a cute vid shot by Andrew Gobbo as he bums around SF:


Breakin Welds from Andrew Gobbo on Vimeo.

This, combined with Morgan's 20" of enthusiasm has me eying up the Seshin. I took it down from its hanger last night, gave it a cleaning, brake adjustment, and lubed the chain. I'm actually still sore from the fixed.gr/nyc MTB trip on Sunday but I feel like I have to get back on the horse, so to speak. Checking my records, (and YOU KNOW I keep a detailed ride log) the last time I was on my BMX was when I rode to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on Nov 27TH... the last time I actually RODE BMX was Oct 25th for BIKE KILL 666. Yikes. That's a long time ago. This is probably going to hurt me more than it hurts you.

1 comment:

morgman said...

A thoroughly enjoyable video. I'm working on my manual-to-180s, but have yet to nail the motions, so half the time I'm ejecting. Fortunately, you can learn the trick at fairly low speed, so it's not been too bad physically.

That said, after the Hastings session with Barber yesterday afternoon, I'm quite sore - right knee and ankle. BMX progression (or even just working back to previous levels) comes at a cost. Take it easy out there on the first ride in months.